IntroductionHigh Dalton Hall Cottage is a self-catering holiday cottage situated on a working hill farm. We are approximately three quarters of mile from the road and access is via a farm road.
Our self-catering cottage is situated on the ground floor, however, there are two steps down into each bedroom and the bathroom. There is one step up from the kitchen into the large living/dining room.
- High Dalton Hall Cottage is described and illustrated on our website and in our brochure which is available on request.
- Bookings/enquiries can be made via telephone or e-mail.
- The nearest bus service is Newsham (approx 2 miles).
- The nearest train station is Darlington (approx. 12 miles).
- The nearest taxi service is Barnard Castle or Richmond.
- The nearest Radar toilet is in Barnard Castle or Richmond (approx. 6 miles each)
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is car parking space near the cottage.
- The space is level concrete although the walk across to the cottage is gravelled (approx 10 yards).
- Entrance to the cottage is via the kitchen door (77cm wide) and hinged on the left.
- The keyhole lock is 128 cm high.
- Entrance can also be gained via the large glazed doors which open to a space of 112 cm.
- Bedroom 1.
- Door width 71 cm.
- Access down 2 stone steps of varying depth: 15 cm and 22 cm.
- Exit door 78 cm.
- Space around the double bed 96 cm each side. Height to top of mattress 53 cm.
- Non feather duvets and pillows provided.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are cotton.
En-suite shower roomAccess via door 80 cm wide, toilet 40 cm. high, wash-basin 34 cm high, shower 86 cm wide. The floor is of non-slip tiles.
- Access down 2 stone steps 19 cm each
- Twin beds - free space between the two 59 cm. Access only from the middle.
- Window 94 cm. Wide.
- Bathroom access ifs via a door 71 cm and down 2 stone steps 20 cm and 18 cm deep.
- Washbasin 80 cm high, toilet 40 cm high, bath 53 ch high (non-slip bathmat provided)
- The flooring is non-slip tiles.
- The kitchen door is 77 cm wide and is hinged on the left. The keyhole is 128 cm high.
- Worktop surfaces and electric cooker are 90 cm high. The sink has cupboards below.
- There is ample lighting including under the wall cupboards.
- There is a fridge (highest shelf 67 cm) and microwave.
- Approx. 130 cm workspace between the walls and the kitchen units.
- Good contrast between walls, pine skirting boards and Yorkshire stone flooring.
- Dining Room and Lounge Room
- Door width from kitchen into living/dining room is 71 cm and up 1 stone step 15 cm high.
- Large glazed doors, one set opening to a width of 112 cm.
- Electric fire alarm fitted
- Double bed settee
- Dining Table and 6 chairs (all wooden). Table 167 x 84 cm. (moveable ). 76 cm high and under space 62 cm. 4 chairs have no arms. Free space around the table 160 cm x 130 cm (approx).
- Flooring is short pile carpet.
- 1 three seater and 1 two seater sofas. (both reclining).
- Large screen tv.
- All skirting boards are of good contrast to walls and flooring throughout the property.
LaundryThe washing machine is a front loader and is situated in the outbuilding adjoining the Farmhouse.
Grounds and GardensThere is a patio area to the front of the cottage which has table and chairs for the use of our guests.
- Information folder is produced in size 14 font.
- Good mobile phone reception.
- Personal welcome on arrival.
- Owners live on-site.
- The cottage is no-smoking.
- Unfortunately pets are not welcome.
Contact InformationAddress: Elizabeth and Peter Jopling, High Dalton Hall, Newsham, Richmond, North Yorkshire. DL11 7RG.
Telephone: 01833 621450 or 07753456263
Grid Reference:nz10400868, OS Map Leisure 30
Hours of Operation: Open all year
Local equipment hire companies: Teesdale Disability Forum: 01833 631000
Local public transport numbers: Arriva bus company 0844800 4411
Local accessible taxi numbers: Cats Cabs, 01833 630111.
About Our Cottage »Bedroom accommodation comprises one double en-suite with shower, wc., wash basin and one twin bedded room.
Fully equipped kitchen with electric cooker, microwave and access to a washing machine.
How to Find us »Travelling to us by car from the North, East and South, from the A1 head for the A66 road at Scotch Corner. From the West, access via the A66 from the M6 after following the signs to Brough and Kirby Stephen.